Last updated 07 March 2017
Bytes and the website are operated by Bytes Ltd.
Privacy matters to Bytes Ltd. and we strive to ensure that our security policies respect and protect your privacy and are in strict compliance with the data privacy laws in effect.
In submitting your personal data to Bytes, you accept that Bytes may gather and/or process, store and use this data in accordance with the rules set forth below.
Personal data collected
1. The identity of the data collector
Personal data are collected on our website by Bytes Ltd., a company registered in the UK under number XYZ and headquartered at XYZ.
2. Data collected
Bytes collects and processes the following data: email, or any other data that you provide to us. The data imported from third-party services are also stored in order to operate the service properly. The data submitted via Bytes's Website and/or via Bytes services should not include any sensitive personal data, such as Government identifiers (i.e. social security, driving licence, or taxpayer identification numbers), credit card or personal bank card numbers, medical records or particulars connected with applications for care or treatment associated with private individuals.
Google user data
3. Recipients of your data
Personal data pertaining to you collected on the Website are destined for Bytes own use. They may be forwarded to Bytes's partners so that Bytes may obtain assistance in the context of carrying out its services.
Bytes does not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes whatsoever.
In addition, Bytes does not disclose your personal data to third parties, except if:
- you (or your account administrator acting on your behalf) requests or authorises disclosure thereof;
- the disclosure is required to process transactions or supply services which you have requested;
- Bytes is compelled to do so by a government authority or a regulatory body, in the case of a court order, a summons to appear in court or any other similar requisition from a government or the judiciary, or to establish or defend a legal application; or,
- the third party is acting as an agent or subcontractor of Bytes in the carrying out of services (for example: Bytes uses the services of a telecommunications company).
The principal purpose of collecting your personal data is to offer you a safe, efficient and personalised experience. To this end, you agree and accept that we may use your personal data to:
- provide our services and facilitate running the same, including performing verifications relating to you;
- resolve any problems or disputes so as to improve the use of our site and our services;
- customize, assess, and improve our services, content, and materials;
- analyse the volume and history of your use of our services;
- inform you of our services and those of our partner companies by marketing (newsletters in particular) and/or promotional offers, with your express consent;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Newsletter and marketing emails
You are able to unsubscribe from newsletters and marketing emails by following the “unsubscribe” links included in every email we send. You can also contact us directly at: [email protected]
1. Email tracking
Without systematically doing so, we may analyse and track the click rates and the number of emails we send you which you open to assess performance rates on our emailing campaigns.
2. Your rights
You have a right of access, correction, and removal of your personal data which you may exercise by emailing Bytes at the following address: [email protected]. Your requests will be processed within 30 days.
Bytes.io collects data for the requirements of carrying out its contractual obligations and retains the same in active databases so long as you are a customer of and use the services of Bytes.io (the contract binding us has not been terminated) or as the case may be, to the extent the data has surpassed 10 gigabytes in volume, and in accordance with the current regulations in effect.
Nevertheless, Bytes in no way undertakes to store this data indefinitely. You are able to access some of the data so long as you hold an active account with us and for a period that varies depending on the type of data concerned. The data may be deleted at any time in accordance with the provisions set forth above.